Background

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Wow! Didn't think it would take me this long to get back to my routine. I was keeping up...and then WHAM...life!!
Since the last post, there has been a serious family health crisis, which I am happy to report is getting better, although it will be another year before things are completely better...and even then, careful monitoring for awhile. The docs have been amazing and we are all so grateful!

And let me see, there has been a much needed vacation...which was wonderful. I was able to see my  beloved cousin Karen and her husband Rich..They are kind, caring and we are blessed to have them in our family. We are now enjoying the fruits of their farm...homemade Strawberry Jam, Raspberry Jam and Pure Maple Syrup tapped from their trees. Yummm....

We also enjoyed a wonderful visit with my Dad and sister. Dad will be 95 in a couple of weeks...and "time is marching on" as he would say. I don't know how many more visits we will have...but this one was special. And he is still golfing!!

And oh yes, there has been art...lots of art! And oh, I almost forgot...a quilt! I decided to make a Jinny Beyer Block of the Month Quilt this past year. We only have one more lesson in December. I can't believe almost a year has gone by since the classes started. I hope to have the top completed before Christmas.

So much more news to share...for another day. I will leave you with a few photos of happenings around here...

I SAW THREE SHIPS...AT THE LAKE 2015

A LITTLE GARDENING ~ 2015
MAKING PLASTER LEAVES 2015



















LOOKING UP! AT THE CALGARY TOWER 2015





















THE VIEW LOOKING WEST FROM THE CALGARY TOWER 







   




   
   
 
                                                                                                        













The photos below are of one of the latest painting I am working on...the 1st one is the very beginning of the idea...the conceptual stage as I like to say. The second one is the progress. A long way to go...but I can see the piece in a more complete way.






Thank-you for stopping by...
Have a happy day!
 photo blogsignature1-2012_zps88989e3b.png

1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Nancy,

So wonderful to see a lovely post from you. I enjoyed seeing all your photos and hearing your news. I love the new paintings and the three ships.Glad to hear that things are getting better. Was thinking of you the other day and must send you an email soon. Happy birthday to your dear Dad - great age.
Sending hugs and hope you have a great week
Carolyn

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.