Background

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer is Here...!

Summer is finally here...for a few short weeks, we have this phenomena called summer. I am grateful for the time we have...but oh how I wish it were a little longer. By August, the nights are starting to cool down again. Here, in Calgary, our nights cool down almost all year...we do have about 2 weeks of sleepness nights in July when daytime temps rise to 90 F.


I thought I would share a few pics of things that make me smile...I love getting fancy with food...I filled the watermelons with fruits...one with strawberries, blueberries, apricots, gooseberries and a couple more...the second one had more tropical fruit including mango, pineapple, dates, kiwi, star fruit...and then red grapes, pistachios, etc...I was in such a hurry to finish them, I didn't photograph them finished. I'll do a couple more before the end of the season and post pics then...

















































The suitcases are so fun...I have a friend who spends all year looking for old suitcases. She paints them and sells them at a show here in the fall. I just love them...







Have a great week everyone!
Nancy

11 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Love the suitcases so pretty, and I will bet your salad was outstanding too!
Diane at Crafty Passions

Nancy said...

Thank-you so much Diane! I will have to go visiting over at Crafty Passions...your blog looks wonderful.

Nancy

Wyanne Thompson said...

Great watermelon baskets and I love your friend's hand-painted luggage, too!

P.S. thanks for leaving such kind comments on my blog a few weeks ago!

Love,
Wyanne

Our Hands For Hope said...

Cute suitcases!

Did you paint these?

Donna O'Brien said...

Oh.....you're one of THOSE women who makes beautiful things out of watermelon. I have never tried. I don't need to now because I can appreciate your creativity here!! Looks wonderful!!
D.

Nancy said...

Yes, Donna! I promise I won't bore you with the details!

Thank-you so much for visiting!
Nancy

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

You are so clever! What fancy serving bowls :) and yes, please take a picture when they are full.

What great suitcases! I love the first one . . . it just says "lets go!"

I wish our Canadian summer lasted longer too!

Karen at Ciderantiques

Christine LeFever said...

Too sweet; all!

When we lived in Vermont, a couple came down from Nova Scotia and commented on how "hot" it was. We were amused, because it wasn't at all hot to us.

Christine (Zwee!!!!!!!!!)

Lorrie said...

Summer is slow to make its appearance here on the Island but things are slowly warming up. We never get as warm as Calgary, though. We'll be coming out to Red Deer for a wedding in August and I'm hoping that it's nice and hot then.

What are you teaching at Olds? Your friend's suitcases are charming. Do you sell at craft fairs as well?

Lorrie

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Would have loved some of the salad and the suitcases are so cute. Thanks for the kind comment!

Sarah Taylor said...

Those suitcases are great! I would love to see a tutorial on how to carve the watermelon!
Sarah

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.