Background

Monday, December 8, 2008

So Far...

Hi Everyone...












































I was so anxious to get started on the paint removal...I spent Saturday night working on this...several layers of paint later ~ the fronts of the drawers are Mahogany...the top and rest of the piece could be a choice of several kinds, such as elm or larch including more mahogany. In those days...quite often, furniture makers would use what was available. I will be working on it all of this week...hopefully, I will have it finished by the weekend. I love that first pic...it was in one of the drawers...it is coming in handy. I hope to have it refinished by Christmas.

Have a wonderful week!
Nancy

2 comments:

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

You are a keener, LOL. All that work in one week ~ you go girl! Looking forward to the big reveal :) I am sure it will look amazing.

Karen

MaygreenFairies said...

Oh how wonderful to watch the transformation in progress. Can't wait to see the finished piece! xx

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.