Background

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Fun....

Hi Everyone...
I am back from teaching....had a wonderful weekend at Olds College here in Alberta. Had fun with fabric and ink, collage and paper clay. I love teaching and seeing what imaginations the students have...I had a husband and wife in my clay class...he created a little golfer. The clay heads all in a row are ones that I had sculpted for them...they were not complete...I used those to show things that you could add and fix up when the head was dry, but not totally cured.

















































































Then it was off to deliver my photographs to the Western Showcase...Last evening, we were invited to be at the official opening of the Art Show at the BMO Center at Stampede Park. It was an evening where artists, photographers and collectors could mingle and talk about their work. You could also purchase art pieces and photos...the artwork was selling...the photography was a harder sell. There are collectors that don't recognize photographs as original art....As an artist, I have a bit of an issue with that argument...many artists produce "original art" from photographs...we are not all sitting in the woods painting landscapes!! Artists can also produce prints just like photographers...ah well, someday recognition will come.
I am honoured to be in the show...there are many talented photographers and artists...I am humbled to be amoung them.
I didn't take pics...but I am hoping to this weekend. They don't like photos being taken of the photos...but I will try and get one or two in...
I also wanted to share some wonderful news...while I was wandering through the hall, I was able to get over to the Arts and Crafts Section...I was thrilled to see that I had won the Dolls & Toys Section....this includes a medal, a Rosette and a cash prize!
My painting didn't get a ribbon, but I am not upset by that...there are so many wonderful painters...the competition in this area is stiff...I am more interested in the critique. I'll post pics when I get them back next week.















Hope you all have a great weekend!
I'll leave you with one of the resident bunnies enjoying the shade...
Nancy

5 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Nancy,

Lovely to hear that the teaching class went well ~ how exciting.
Also big Congratulations that you won the Medal, a rosette and a cash prize. woohoo! So glad when you are rewarded for your creative talent.

Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Lorrie said...

Congratulations on your prizes - way to go!
Your classes sound amazing. Lucky students.

Lorrie

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the little paper clay men! Just Fabulous! and Gee, that rabbit looks huge!
Sandra Evertson

Nancy said...

HI Carolyn...Yes, I always enjoy seeing what students create...and thank-you so much! I was excited!

Hi Lorrie...thank-you so much! I appreciate your kind words...teaching is such fun!

Hi Sandra...so nice of you to visit! Thank-you...the clay was a fun class.
The rabbits here don't have a lot of competition for food...so they merrily eat away.

Thank-you again everyone!
Hugs, Nancy

Christine LeFever said...

Busy, busy and such fun! Those heads are a riot!

Zwee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.