Background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Wheels...

Hi Everyone
Summer is here! We have lovely weather and next week is gong to be just as nice...maybe even a little warmer. I have been spending a lot of time outside. Love having breakfast on the desk under the umbrella. I really enjoy watching the birds chatter away and squawk over who's getting the food first!
I decided this year that I should do more walking...we spend so much time indoors here. Getting out on foot makes me feel better mentally and physically. Another great way to spend a hour or two is driving around on wheels...and not just any wheels...but these!! Don't you just love it?!...The Classic Cruiser!











 


The basket comes off in case I decide I should take it to a store...not likely...at least not yet. First of all, I have to buy a lock for it, and secondly, do you know how long it has been since I have been on a bicycle?? There are lots of hills where I live and so I need to take it to flatter ground just to get used to the thing...I can hear my 7 year old grandson saying: "C'mon Nana!...as he speeds by me.
















 I also bought the helmet...not the prettiest looking hat! Hopefully, I won't fall...but at least some of my crazy head will be protected!

Hope you are enjoying the week!
Nancy

5 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

OH MY GOODNESS Nancy..I WANT IT!!

I LOVE the color..it's always been a dream of mine to own a VW Beetle convertible in this very color!

Wishing you happy trails as you ride along gathering flowers in your basket.

Hugs, Doreen

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Nancy,

I am so glad that summer has arrived for you and that is what I love doing having my breakfast out on the deck and enjoying watching the tuis and fantails flit about. We had it our breakfast, outdoors this morning while the sun was out.
It is raining now though.
I love your bike! what a gorgeous colour and isn't it such great exercise. Enjoy your walks and the bike rides and have a great weekend.

Hugs
Carolyn

Nancy said...

Hi Doreen,
Thank-you for your visit...I love the color too! It just makes me happy. Aren't VW Beetles just the greatest little cars?!

Hi Carolyn...
Thank-you for stopping by...I am so glad you are still able to enjoy the sunshine and warmth. I haven't had time to ride it yet...but I plan on getting out this week. It has been awhile since I have been on a bike...hope I have a smooth ride. I agree...it is great exercise!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

OH I love that bike!!!! Where did you get it? Great excercise too.

Thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes. Still lots of summer left ~ July and August.

Hope the weather is finally being good to you :)

Karen xoxo

Lori Ann Corelis said...

LOVE that bicycle!!

:-)
L

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.