Background

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hello...
The May long weekend is here...and it is going to be a rainy one. We really need the rain. Here in Calgary, our climate is generally dry, dry...and so the moisture will be welcome. Last year we had snow on the long weekend and so rain...we'll take it over snow!

It has been another busy week in my studio. I have been spinning wool...working on finishing a project assignment. I'll share my spinning adventures in the coming weeks. Fibre Week is gearing up for another session at Olds College in June. It will be nice to see everyone again.
On the quilting front...I have finished Week #3's homework for the mystery quilt. I still can't quite figure out where the "mystery" is going, but next week, the pattern will be revealed. So stay tuned for that...
BLOCKS SORTED FOR SEWING
SEWING ASSEMBLY LINE
This was the quickest method of stitching the squares together. Make sure your seams are lined up and away you go!
ALL STITCHED AND READY FOR THE NEXT STEP
SEWING 4 PATCH SQUARES
A 4 PATCH ALL SEWN
ANOTHER 4 PATCH
There are a total of 21-4 patch squares. The rest of the sewn pairs are set aside for next week. I can hardly wait to see how this all turns out!

HAND QUILTING VINTAGE ROUGE
I wanted to show you some of the hand quilting I have done on my Vintage Rouge Quilt. I did this quite a while ago, and will be putting on the binding over the weekend. I have had to set it aside for the past few weeks...too many other projects on the go. I'll share more pics when I'm done.

ANOTHER BLOCK FINISHED
I managed to get another block hand appliqued on my Sara's Revival quilt. Only 29 more to go!

Thank-you all for visiting.
Wishing you a happy weekend!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Nancy!

This is going to be one gorgeous quilt !

I just finished sewing my blocks too and will post them in the morning. How fun is this :-D
I am sure that what ever Doreen has in mind for these blocks is going to be AMAZING !!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your mystery blocks look fabulous!

Thank you for sharing your hand quilting with us for your Vintage Rouge quilt - your stitches are Exquisite!

Congratulations on completing another Sarah's Revival block!
Your applique' work is very beautiful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your mystery blocks look great!
I am a late starter so will be using the long weekend to get caught up with the mystery.
Love your hand quilting too!

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.