Background

Sunday, May 5, 2013

The beginning of a new week...
Happily sewing these last few days. I was able to finish 2 more blocks for my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. It is great fun to see how each block will look with the color choices I make. Eighteen blocks are now complete. This quilt could easily be done in a family of colors...such as all blues and creams, or a variety of reds with white etc...I have decided to make it really scrappy with no idea what I will chose for each block.

I have decided to join in with my friend Doreen to make a Mystery Quilt. Doreen is hosting the event which will include a few summer quilts. You can find all of the info about the quilts by clicking the "EASY AS 1,2,3" button on the left sidebar.
My blocks for the first quilt have been completed so far. Not sure where this is going, but it is going to be a lot of fun!
MORE HAND STITCHING ON A  SAMPLER BLOCK
EARLY MORNING WORK ON THE 18TH BLOCK...
18 BLOCKS IN THE EVENING SUN...
MYSTERY QUILT FABRIC

ALL STITCHED AND READY FOR THE NEXT STEP
I will be using a beautiful gray swirl cotton with a blue/gray dot for the background and "Coastal" batiks. There are 42 squares...10 inches all around. I will keep you all posted on the progress. We will get a new step each week for the month of May.

Wishing you all a happy day!
Thank-you for visiting...
Photobucket

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Nancy

So glad you are joining Doreen's Mystery Quilt see along ! How FUN :-D These batiks are gorgeous ! I also have my 42 10" blocks all sewn so our homework for the first week is done. Excited to see what she has planned for this week

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your blocks are so beautifully hand pieced! Such a labor or love, this quilt is going to be extraordinary.

I love that gray swirl fabric you are using for your mystery quilt!
These fabrics are going to make for a fabulous quilt!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Nancy,

My you have been busy and I love all the beautiful blocks you have made for your quilts.
I know you must be happy sewing these gorgeous sampler blocks.
You asked about our decorating - it is still going but hopefully will be able to show you soon.

Happy new week
hugs
Carolyn

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.