Background

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hello...
It is almost spring...hooray! We can't complain about the winter we have had here in Calgary. It is has been a mild, dry season with very little snow. I hope we get a moderate amount of rain to get rid of some of the dust. I am also wishing spring comes soon to my friends and family in the east...they have had an unusually cold and snowy winter. A toast to spring!!

Painting and quilting these days. The BOM quilt is coming along nicely..4 of the 13 blocks are done. We can't work ahead with this quilt...only 1-2 blocks per month. I am hand sewing and quilting this one...no machine. It will probably be the only one I hand piece again for awhile, but I am enjoying the process. I used to hand piece everything...but now I want things to go a little faster, with the exception being this quilt.
I am also getting ready for the spring art shows. Working hard on new ideas and ways to present...frames with no glass for some pieces.

This year, I decided to get started in my pursuit of becoming an active member of the Federation of Canadian Artists...first step - I am now a supporting member. 2nd step - Active membership...hopefully by the fall.

A few photos of these past few weeks...

Last week a whole flock of Bohemian Waxwings landed in our Blue Spruce tree. It was so nice to see them again.
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Curling...but it is a pretty popular sport here in Canada. This past week, I had the opportunity to be at the 2015 Brier here in Calgary. Team Canada plays out of the Glencoe Club in Calgary...and so it was exciting when they took home the top prize!!
A wonderful story...Congratulations!!
The photo of the photographers at the brier...they looked like seals on the rocks at one point and then this happened...they were all up and taking pics. The photographer in the middle is one of the best photographers in Calgary...at least I think so. His name is Neil Zeller. (A link to his site-push on his name) I had the honour of meeting him there. I have also had the privilege to paint some of his work...
The last two pics are of the Block of the Month Quilt I am working on...it is a Jinny Beyer quilt. The colors are so pretty...looking forward to continuing on with the blocks in the coming months.

CEDAR WAXWINGS 2015
PHOTOGRAPHERS AT THE BRIER 2015
TEAM CANADA ~ WINNING THE BRIER 2015
BOM QUILT ~ 2015
BOM QUILT ~ JANUARY BLOCK 2015
Wishing you all a happy day!
Thank-you for visiting...
 photo blogsignature1-2012_zps88989e3b.png

1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Nancy,

Lovely to read the post from you and see all your photos.
The Waxwings look content sitting on your spruce tree.
I am familiar with curling as down the South Island they do this on some of the frozen lakes.
Congratulations to your team winning.
The quilt is looking really beautiful and must be a lot of hard work doing it all by hand.
Do hope you are enjoying your Easter weekend and must be so nice now that Spring is there.
hugs
Carolyn

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.