Background

Monday, October 11, 2010

October Happenings...

Hello Everyone..
We are well into fall now...and October is a busy month around here this year. We celebrated our Canadian Thanksgiving here this weekend. The weather, unlike last year, was beautiful and warm. We had our family dinner on Sunday which included BBQ'd chicken breasts. My sons did the grilling, I did the sides and my loving hubby played with (since 9:30 am) our grandson. I tell ya..that little Matthew, who isn't so little anymore, keeps us going. He is just a bundle of energy and goes until WE drop!! It was a wonderful day! Hope all of my Canadian friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving...
So now, I have to get busy and sew, sculpt and sew some more! I am finishing a doll for the spring edition of a magazine, and getting ready for the Open House for Handmade Art Fair....see the sidebar for the Open House.
I thought you might like to see a little of what I have been up to lately. The Christmas cones were a kit that I made up for the show. I also had a stocking. Even though the show in September wasn't great...these did very well for me. They aren't very big and everything was provided...I didn't include my own personal "bling" which is shown on these...
I have a few new ones I will be sharing with you soon...                          























The little Witch and Halloween Cone are on their way to a sweet
and very patient swap partner in Tennessee.

                                                                                                                                     
The buttons are a few of a set of twelve I did for the August giveaway in my blog shoppe. I am so happy Sue loved them...I had such fun making them. Christmas and Spring Buttons will be coming soon...
                            





















And lastly, I having been working on a prototype...and now the doll for a magazine. I will show you the finished doll later in the week...
I have a few finishing touches left to do.








I hope you have a wonderful week.
A Giveaway announcement is coming this Saturday ~ late afternoon...so check back then!
Nancy

1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Nancy,

Glad to hear that you had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with your family.
Sorry I did not get around to visiting you at the weekend.
I love your sweet buttons, your decorative cones and the sweet little witch.
Look forward to seeing your doll for the magazine.

Hope all is well with you and your leg is better now.
Happy week and sending hugs
Carolyn

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.