Background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It Is Soooo.... Cold!

Hello Everyone...
The past two weeks have been bitterly cold and snowy here in Calgary. In fact, this morning, Springbank...which is about 5 minutes away from us out in the country registered a windchill of -49C which is -56F. It is bone-chilling! This was the 2nd coldest spot on earth...the 1st being the South Pole!! We are supposed to warm up to +1C...33.5F in a couple of days...that will feel like summer!
The first two pics are of the back and front trees...these were taken from inside last week...we got a lot more snow after these pics were taken...
















This pic was taken randomly out of my bedroom window...doesn't it kind
of look like a baby polar bear sleeping on a branch...not likely...but it was fun
to capture the shot.















Have a great day!
Nancy

4 comments:

Dianie said...

Oh my, you do have a ton of snow!
I just came in from shoveling the snow. We had an Arctic front blast in to Northern Utah, I measured 7 inches.. they say more is to come...Brrrr

Stay warm and Happy Holidays!

~Diane

Draffin Bears said...

Oh dear Nancy,

That must be so cold and your photos are beautiful.
I wish I could send over a little of our sunshine.

Keep warm dear friend and sending the warmest hugs to you
Carolyn

Brenda said...

The snow is beautiful Nancy but I cannot imagine being that cold!!

Stay warm girlie.

Brenda

Lisa said...

I just wrote on this and couldn't get it to post, but I had to let you know how I love winter snow scenes like these. Thank you for them!

Hugs
Lisa

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.