Background

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hello...
March has come in like a lion...I hope it leaves like a lamb!! Lots of snow on the ground...
I have been a busy bee...sewing and cooking. I love to cook, but I just don't set enough time aside each day to do it justice. Maybe that is a good thing right now. Last year, I lost 45 pounds and am on target to my final goal by August or September...not too much left to take off, but enough! I am starting in with a new trainer next week. Motivation is necessary for the final push. I'll post before and almost afters soon.

Sewing and designing has been my focus so far this year. A new quilt is in the finishing stages. It was supposed to be a BOM for a store in Ontario...but she didn't quite get the idea of online tutorials and so I scrapped the class. I am finishing the quilt and may use it for a class I want to teach in the coming months.
I am spinning yarn too! Lots of yarn...love the gentle process of a spinning wheel. So calming.

You may have noticed the new header bar with words across the top of my website...I am deciding on how best to format what goes in the sections. I will probably do Pages. But I am also deciding on whether I should just re-design the whole website...decisions, decisions! It seems to be a continual process to keep it fresh-looking and interesting. Posting more would help!!

A few pics of what I have been up to lately...
MARCH SNOW AND LOTS OF SHOVELING!

VEGETABLE PASTA PIE AS SEEN ON DR. OZ...YUMMY!
A LITTLE PAINTING ON CLAY WITH MY GRANDSON
READY TO APPLIQUE...
MORE SQUARE COMPLETED...

The quilt squares above are already incorporated into the quilt...show and tell coming soon!
On my way to the spinning wheel!

Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Sue said...

WOW ! That is alot of snow ! Looking forward to seeing your quilt projects . Stay warm :-D

Aunt 'Reen said...

You've been wonderfully busy!
What a great way to spend those cold winter days. I can't wait to see what you've been designing!

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Nancy,

First let me say congratulations on your new look, you are looking wonderful and can tell by your photo.
You must be thrilled.
I know you will be looking forward to the snow disappearing and warmer days ahead.
I love the little clay dishes you and Mathew painted and the applique is lovely.
Also your new blog layout is great.

Hope that you are enjoying the weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.