Background

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hello...
I surprised myself...two posts in a month! Hope I can keep it going. It is hot, hot here right now. Enjoy the heat unless I am on the third floor working on art projects...I am not going to complain because we can have the "S" word in September. Don't want to jinx it!
I have been working away on different projects...I am about to start on a painting I promised to do for the Shaw Charity Golf Classic at the end of August. Not much time, but I will forge ahead and get it done.
I also just finished designing a shoe. I love my shoe. I don't know how to begin to explain why I had to design it...too long and crazy a story. Let me just say that I was given the length of the shoe, and had to use a picture of the Original shoe...
This is a great project and I am going to make a few more as gifts this fall. Now that I have created my patterns, it should go much quicker. The finishing is always the most tedious for me...I can be pretty fussy. But in the end...I am pleased with how it all turned out.

The shoe has a clay sole and heel and upper. I covered the upper and lid/pincushion with wool. I used wool threads to make the braid trim around the bottom. The tassels are hand made by moi and the inside of the shoe is constructed of leather scraps. You could configure the inside to accommodate whatever you wanted to include. I may do something a little different with the next shoe.
PINCUSHION SHOE ~ 2014
THE BACK DETAIL OF THE SHOE
THE INSIDE COMPARTMENTS ~ THEY ARE LEATHER
THE FRONT OF THE SHOE
THE OTHER SIDE...
Wishing you a happy week!
Thank-you for visiting...
 photo blogsignature1-2012_zps88989e3b.png

3 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your Pin Cushion shoe is gorgeous!
I love all the creative details you've added - spectacular!

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Nancy,

How wonderful your little shoe pin cushion is and love all the detail.
The inside compartments are a lovely idea.
Enjoy your summer - stay cool and was great to have a visit from you, thank you.

hugs
Carolyn

Sue said...

You are SO creative ! Your Pin Cushion is wonderful !

Blog Archive

Ethereal theme. Powered by Blogger.